SMASHED POTATOES & MINT RELISH
- 2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil for potatoes
- Flaky sea salt & fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1/2 bunch fresh mint
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley
- 1/2 lemon zested & juiced
- 1 large clove garlic, grated
- 4 green onions (scallions)
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1/4 c olive oil for relish
- 2 tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1 jalapeño (seeds removed if sensitive to spice)
Preheat oven to 400
Boil potatoes in a large pot with a tbsp of sea salt, until fork tender (not mushy).
In a small bowl whisk together the honey, lemon juice, champagne vinegar and flaky sea salt first, then add the olive oil. Thinly slice the green onions and jalapeño and grated garlic, place into the small bowl. Roughly chop the mint and parsley and add to the bowl. Finish with fresh cracked pepper and lemon zest. Taste to adjust seasoning.
Line the boiled potatoes on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using the back of a fork or bottom of a bowl, gently smash the potatoes (don’t flatten completely, they should hold their shape a bit). Drizzle with olive oil, and flaky sea salt. Bake for 20-30 mins, until edges are golden brown and crispy.