CHICORIES & PERSIMMON SALAD
- 1-2 head of chicories (either Bel Fiore radicchio, Red Belgian Endive, or Castelfranco)
- 2 Fuyu persimmon
- 1/2 c of shaved ricotta salata cheese
- 1/4 c chives, finely chopped
- 1/3 c toasted walnuts or hazelnuts
- 1/3 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c champagne vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 lemon, zested
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1-2 garlic cloves, grated on microplane
- Flaky sea salt & fresh cracked pepper
Slice the persimmon into round discs or matchsticks, set aside. Tear the chicories into a serving bowl and toss with the persimmon and chives, saving a bit to garnish the salad for serving.
Next, make the dressing. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the vinegar, maple syrup, grated garlic, dijon mustard & salt. Then slowly drizzle the olive oil while whisking continuously, this will help thicken the dressing. Dress the chicories and persimmon salad and toss in the toasted nuts.
Layer the top of the salad with any remaining persimmon, chives, and a pinch of flaky sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. Using a vegetable peeler, shave the ricotta salata cheese over the salad before serving.